Fluid Flush Service Near Lamesa, TX
Fluid Flush Service at Premier Ford of Lamesa
Routine maintenance is critical to keeping your Ford vehicle in prime condition. One regular task you should take care of is the fluid flushes for your vehicle. Your Ford runs on several fluids besides gasoline that you must maintain as you drive around Lamesa, Big Spring, and Midland. You can get all the fluids flushed and replaced at Premier Ford of Lamesa.
What is a Fluid Flush?
A fluid flush happens when the current fluid is drained out and new fluid is put in. A prime example that you will recognize is an oil change. You should get this fluid changed or flushed out on a regular basis.
Dirt and road debris gets into the vehicle’s components, which can cause damage to the system. A fluid flush will replace the dirty fluid, allowing clean fluid to flow through the system again.
Here are some of the fluids that need to be flushed out to help your vehicle run better and longer.
- Transmission flush: Your transmission allows your vehicle to change gears, and the fluid needs to be changed regularly to allow for smooth gear shifts. Many manufacturers recommend this service between 75,000 and 100,000 miles or more often if you drive in rugged conditions.
- Power Steering: Power steering fluid helps the system steer more smoothly, so you don’t have to do all the work. Many times, you don’t have to replace this fluid unless you own the vehicle for a long time.
- Engine Coolant: The coolant or anti-freeze runs through the engine and components to keep it from overheating. It should be checked every 30,000 to 35,000 miles.
- Brake Fluid: Your brakes are essential to you being able to stop when needed. The fluid keeps the brakes working smoothly. You need to have it flushed out every 24,000 to 36,000 miles.
- Fuel Injection: You should have your fuel injection system cleaned about the same as the engine coolant. When the system gets dirty, your vehicle will be less efficient.
Failure to Service Your Vehicle
If you fail to get the fluid flushes your Ford needs, it won’t work as efficiently, and the parts will wear out sooner. You could end up damaging the system, which can result in repairs that cost thousands of dollars.
You may not notice any problems if you go over the recommended service times. However, in time, your vehicle will start to have problems and could leave you stranded. If you want your vehicle to provide worry-free service and last for as long as you want to own it, regular fluid flushes are essential.
If you have any questions about how often to have a fluid flush, you can talk to the Service Department at Premier Ford of Lamesa. They will follow the guidelines from the manufacturer while taking into consideration how you drive your vehicle.
If it’s time to schedule a fluid flush for your Ford F-150 or Ford Bronco, use our online scheduler or give us a call. Let Premier Ford of Lamesa help you care for your vehicle with our premier service.